Expressions are a great way to improve your English skills and to speak more like a native English speaker. Here are 5 easy-to-learn expressions to impression your friends, teacher, colleagues or even your boss!
1. Short and sweet: When something is short and efficient – not unnecessarily long or difficult
Example: For once the meeting was short and sweet, and without any problems.
2. Under the weather: Not feeling well
Example: Maria left work early today because she was feeling under the weather.
3. Pros and cons: The advantages and disadvantages
Example: Whilst thinking of leaving his job, Tom made a list of pros and cons before making his decision.
4. To not make heads or tails of something : to not be able to understand s
Example: We got lost because I couldn’t make heads or tails of the map!
5. Hustle and bustle: A lot of noise and movement
Example: I love the hustle and bustle of London!