Native speakers of English use phrasal verbs all the time when speaking. Phrasal verbs are great ways to speak English more naturally and an easy way to improve your English!
1. Come down with something: to get sick
I’m not feeling very well, I think I’m coming down with the flu.
2. Break Down: Stop working
My car broke down in the middle of the road!
3. Chip in: to help by giving money or by doing something
My mother couldn’t afford the dress so we all chipped in some money and bought her the dress
4. Fall out: to not be friends anymore
Tom and Sarah had a big fight last week and now have fallen out with each other
5. Make up something: To invent something
My baby sister was crying so I made up a story to calm her down
6. Make up: To forgive each other and become friends again
Tom and Sarah discussed their problems and made up. I knew their fight wouldn’t last long!
7. Use something up: to finish something
We used up all the water. We need to buy more!